Skip to main content

Journey to India from Canada during pandemic COVID – 19/ English/ Part 1



WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA (Almighty made the Khalsa (pure ones)
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH (Almighty will give Victory)
Today, I am going to share my story, during pandemic how we manage to go to India and after, came to India. what kind of situations we are going through. I hope you enjoy and learn something from it. I divide our story in three parts.In first, our initial days in Canada. Second, flight from Toronto to Delhi and third, Days in India.

Part 1 : Initial days in Canada.
It has been more than 5.5 yrs, I came to Canada and more than 1.5 yr for my wife. Everything is going pretty well, we are in a kind of state where it was difficult to say whether we are enjoying our life in Canada or not. There is always up-downs in our life from day one in Canada. She was not working anymore in the company, she got laid off and now, she is on EI from the last couple of months. On the other side, I am also driving uber from the last 3 years. Actually, I had an accident the same year we got married. It took 2-3 months to fully recover and fortunately, with the god blessing I am fully recovered. But my life was totally changed, I don't want to work in the mechanical field. The doctor's advised me to take a year off from any kind of work. That time I start working as a uber driver and now, I really like uber. Now, I stuck with uber 😁. But, she is a very intelligent and hard-working girl ❤️. She is a very intellectual person. We know each other for the last 10 yrs. Actually, we were collegemates and after completing our masters from different countries, different continents, we got married. It is Destiny 😂 for me to get married to her.
We were living a normal and satisfactory life with her EI and my Uber earnings.she was always trying to find the job. Some times she got an interview calls from the different employers but she still did not make it to any company.  That time of year, the market was always down. There was no mass hirings or simple hiring for new candidates. 
It was the month of February, there were 2-3 times we had snow in this month. The weather remains pleasing for the rest of the month with no more snow.  I was thinking if I stay here till June, I can cope up with two things. First, I would definitely fulfill my day's requirement for citizenship and Second, my father got retired in May. Along with these two reasons, the third and foremost reason was a medical emergency for my wife. It is not possible to get treatment from here, due to lack of family and I am only one who was working at that time and, we had a very bad experience from the last surgery. 
One day she got upset and pressurized me to book tickets to India. That day, 24 Feb 2020, I finally booked air tickets to India. After booked tickets, we talked to our parents. In the case of my parents, they did not agree with our decision to come back at that time but they were happy that we are coming back home. In the case of my in-laws, when we break this news to them, they were on cloud 9. It has been more than a year, that they met their daughter. It's a very new experience for them to Living away that long from the girl child. Now parents from both sides know we are coming to India on 15th March 2020. Our first preference is her medical, it's has been more than 1.5 years that we been to so many different doctors but nothing was going to work. 
At that time most people in North America don't know much about COVID-19. Most of the cases were present in China and Iran. People were not worried about COVID-19 at that time. Then we made a plan, how to prepare ourselves for this sudden decision. We are very happy with our decision to go back to India. During that time I got two job interviews, the first one is from TTC and second from the city of Toronto truck driver. Actually, I don't want to go for the road test for the TTC bus but my wife insisted me to go for the test and appear for the road test. And fortunately, I cleared the road test and they give me a job right away. They want me to start right away because they need more drivers at that time of the year. I can't start right away at TTC because we are going to India. I let them know that I can't start right away. Sometimes God has a different plan for you, so in a second job opportunity at the city of Toronto as a truck driver due to some medical reasons, I can't make it.  My BP was very high at that time. Even, I cleared everything written test, road test but I miss that opportunity. I was so depressed at that time because I missed two opportunities. Still, I do have uber, I'm making good money with it and I decided to continue with that for a shorter period.
It had been a month and a half since I started the gym in January.  My weight went to 127 KG and my family physician said, it would create lots of problems if I did not reduce my weight. From the last 1.5 months, I had been lost 7-kilo weight and I gained some muscle mass.  I used to go to the gym in the morning and after taking a shower and had my morning breakfast I start my work. My wife was so much support, she cooked me food. Also, she made smoothies for me.  With the passage of time, there was a sense of happiness, Sometimes the fear of going back to the home country, Which I left long ago. Furthermore, there was a fear of gain weight which I lost by exercise.  There is sometimes a dispute between the two of us.  Because she started his immigration diploma.  Before that, she cleared her English test which was very difficult.  She just has to complete her diploma only and she will eligible for licensed immigration consultants. But she left the diploma due to going to India. I was so upset at that time, but I can't do anything.

It is a matter of a couple of days, Ontario has its very first case. A couple who came from Wuhan (Epicentre of Coronavirus), china tested positive for COVID 19. They send their sample to the national lab at Manitoba to confirm it. The lab confirmed the coronavirus in the couple after that the doctors at the hospital quarantine them at their house. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journey to India from Canada during pandemic COVID – 19/ punjabi । ਸਾਡਾ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਤੋਂ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਤੱਕ ਦਾ ਸਫ਼ਰ ਮਹਾਮਾਰੀ ਕੋਵਿਡ 19 ਦੌਰਾਨ।

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ।। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ ।। ਮੈਂ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਨਾਲ ਆਪਣੀ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਸਾਂਝੀ ਕਰਨ ਲੱਗਾ ਹਾਂ। ਜਿਸ ਵਿਚ ਮੈਂ ਤੁਹਾਨੂੰ ਦੱਸਾਂਗਾ ਕਿ ਕੋਵਿਡ-19 ਦੌਰਾਨ ਕਿਵੇਂ ਅਸੀਂ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਤੋਂ ਭਾਰਤ ਆਏ। ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣੀ ਇਸ ਕਹਾਣੀ ਨੂੰ ਤਿੰਨ ਹਿੱਸੇਆ ਵਿਚ ਵੰਡਿਆ ਹੈ। ਪਹਿਲੇ ਹਿੱਸੇ ਵਿਚ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੁਜਾਰੇ ਦਿਨ। ਦੂਜੇ ਹਿੱਸੇ ਵਿਚ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਏਅਰਪੋਰਟ ਤੋਂ ਦਿੱਲੀ ਏਅਰਪੋਰਟ ਤੱਕ ਦਾ ਸਮਾਂ। ਤੀਜੇ ਹਿੱਸੇ ਵਿਚ ਭਾਰਤ ਵਿਚ ਬਿਤਾਏ ਦਿਨ।  ਭਾਗ ਪਹਿਲਾ: ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਵਿਚ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਰੇ ਦਿਨ।। ਮੈਨੂੰ ਕੈਨੇਡਾ ਆਏ ਨੂੰ ਸਾਢੇ 5 ਸਾਲ ਤੋਂ ਜ਼ਿਆਦਾ ਹੋ ਗਏ ਸੀ ਅਤੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਪਤਨੀ ਨੂੰ ਡੇਢ ਸਾਲ ਤੋਂ ਜ਼ਿਆਦਾ ਸਮਾਂ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਸੀ। ਅਸੀਂ ਇਸ ਬਗਾਨੇ ਮੁਲਕ ਵਿਚ ਪੈਰਾਂ ਤੇ ਖਲੋਣ ਲਈ ਬਹੁਤ ਮਿਹਨਤ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਸਾਂ। ਇਸ ਦੌਰਾਨ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਬਹੁਤ ਉਤਰਾਅ ਚੜਾਅ ਆ ਰਹੇ ਸੀ। ਫਰਵਰੀ ਦਾ ਮਹੀਨਾ ਅੱਧਾ ਨਿਕਲ ਗਿਆ ਸੀ। ਇਸ ਵਾਰ ਫਰਵਰੀ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਦੋ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਾਰ ਹੀ ਬਰਫ਼ (Snow) ਪਈ ਸੀ। ਇਸ ਸਾਲ ਫਰਵਰੀ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਮੌਸਮ ਵੀ ਬਹੁਤ ਸੋਹਣਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਸੀ। ਮੈਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਹੀ ਸੋਚ ਰੱਖਿਆ ਸੀ ਕੇ ਇਸ ਵਾਰ ਜੂਨ ਜੁਲਾਈ ਦੇ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਪਿੰਡ ਜਾਵਾਂਗਾ। ਭਰ ਗਰਮੀ ਦੇ ਮਹੀਨੇ ਵਿਚ ਪਿੰਡ ਜਾਣ ਦੇ ਕਈ ਕਾਰਣ ਸਨ। ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਕਾਰਣ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਿਟੀਜ਼ਨਸ਼ਿਪ ਦੇ ਦਿਨ ਪੂਰੇ ਹੋ ਜਾਣੇ ਸੀ, ਫੇਰ ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣਾ ਕੈਨੇਡੀਅਨ ਪਾਸਪੋਰਟ (passpo